Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August 2, 2011

Hey everybody,

Well, things are still going difficult in Cardston. Tyler didn't talk to his mom while he was on vacation which caused his baptismal date to drop. We talked to him andn his dad on Sunday and he wants to sit down with his mom face to face and talk to her about why he wants to be baptized. Unfortunately, he won't be back for a couple of weeks which pushes things back again. I have faith in the Lord that it will happen. I'm positive that if Tyler is bold and sincere, his mom's heart will be softened and he'll be baptized.
We talked to Bishop Beazer and he said that he talked with Dayson's parents and that they want him to get baptized within the next two weeks. Bishop hasn't told us what the reason has been so I'm not sure what we can do to make it happen.

We've had some stellar 7days this week. We've met a lot of faithful members who have friends that they've made plans to invite. One of the members said that he had been given this challenge in the past but the missionaries never followed up with him so he didn't invite his friend. It's awesome how much power is in following up with people. It's frustrating because we've had 7day challenges where we teach the 10 minute first and members are ready to fall out of their chairs because the Spirit is so strong. We've had quite a few members look at their spouses and say, "Wow, I would love to have my friends listen to you!" We then ask them and they don't know anybody. We did have a member who said, "At first, I was hesitant when I heard you invite people to be baptized on the first lesson... but after listening to this, I felt the invitation to baptism was an actual invitation. It was non threatening and I would love to have my friends in this kind of environment." It's getting frustrating because the people who are ready to have friends in their home have the most difficult time finding people.

There's lots of potential out here and I know the Lord's hand is in this area, just like it has been in every other area I've been in.

Love,
Elder Madsen



Ha, I definitely forgot to wish Grandma Madsen a happy birthday! What is she, 35 now? The next birthday she has, I'll be there!

Love,
Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment